Join Our Team at The Lehigh County Humane Society
Are you looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity? At The Lehigh County Humane Society, one person can make a big impact on the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of homeless pets.
We are currently looking for Volunteers!
Some of the volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Dog walking
- Cat and Small Animal Socialization
- Office and Computer
- Special Events & Adoption Fairs
- Bake Sales
- Grounds Beautification
Come see us in person at 640 Dixon Street.
Kindness DOES matter to the dogs and cats that are resting comfortably on their Kuranda dog beds in the shelter’s Small Dog Room, Large Dog Room and Cat Community Rooms.
Shelter volunteers Joe and Nancy Hlatky learned of the shelter’s wish to provide Kurandas for the shelter’s resident dogs and cats and they immediately spearheaded a campaign to turn that wish into reality.
Thanks to the kindness of the Hlatkys, to Lou and Bonnie Nesley and Robinson and Robinson Inc.,every dog in the small dog room, large dog room and cat in our cat community rooms now “owns” a Kuranda. Pictured here are Bubby, Hannah, Buddy and Nicki enjoying the afternoon sun while lounging on their comfy beds.
LOSE A POUND, WALK A HOUND!
Wednesdays 12:00 – 2:00 PM
Fridays 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Walkers must be registered in advance and attend an orientation.
- Photo ID required at time of appointment
- Proper dress required. Long pants, sneakers, no shorts or open toed shoes.
- Walkers must be 18 or older to walk, children 12 and older may walk with an adult.